What do you do after you discharge from a drug or alcohol Rehab? Most Drug Rehab Programs refer individuals to an aftercare program or a primary therapist. In Some cases individuals leaving a residential treatment program, will be encouraged by the staff to enter into a sober living environment.
There are reasons for a rehab program to suggest that someone go into a Sober Living environment. In most cases the treatment program is trying to help the individual avoid a high risk situation that could cause a relapse or avoid an environment that would be unsafe for the individual. Sometimes the staff of a drug rehab facility might believe that the individual needs to break ties with the enabling of the family so the individual can learn independence and financial responsibility. Sober living homes would be ideal for allowing and individual to begin this process.
Below is a list of reasons to use a Sober Living Homes:
• Safety of Individual would be compromised if they were to return to old environment.
• Need a fresh start away from old friends and playmates.
• To learn Independence and break the enabling cycle.
• Need more support around people who are engaged in recovery practices.
• Have a tendency to isolate upon discharging from a rehab •
Have a history of relapse and need accountability.
• Still need a structured environment to finish taking the 12-Steps.
There are many other reasons to go into a sober living home upon discharge from a Residential Drug Rehab Program.
If you are looking for a Sober Living Home in California you can go to http://www.tlcresidential.com/